Systems Integration Manager
This company has grown from a small, ambitious company providing warehousing and delivery services out of one warehouse in Sussex to one of the UK’s leading 3PL providers in the sector in which it operates.
Their warehousing operation provides our clients with specialist outsourced order fulfilment and delivery services to retailers and consumers at home. Providing high-quality warehousing, order management, rework, product personalisation and stock control to prestige brands in sectors including, Health & Wellbeing, Technology, Luxury & Fast Fashion, Beauty, Skin Care, Hair Care & Cosmetics.
Their delivery business provides local and national clients from all sectors with personal customer care and access to a wide range of global parcel and freight carriers at below market pricing. They also provide a single technology platform to produce shipping documentation and a shipment tracking capability for multiple domestic and global parcel carriers.
A few years back this company were acquired which has strengthened their freight forwarding service offering by air, road and ocean to add to our established global parcel delivery services. Demand for our services is at an all-time high resulting in significant investment in our ambitious growth strategy with Warehouses across the South East, Midlands and extending into mainland Europe.
Reporting into the IT Director, you will be responsible for the management of this company’s Systems Integration function, ensuring the technology landscape is able to meet the strategic needs of the business and our clients, through systems integration.
- Develops, maintains and executes the Systems and data Integration strategy
- Integration of customer eCommerce / ERP platforms, with the company’s Warehouse Management system(s), including system configuration and interface development
- Integration of company applications with other systems and services (e.g. Carrier Management System, CRM, Finance and Marketing platforms) including system configuration and interface development
- Line management to small team of internal Systems Integration Analysts, ensuring team members have clear objectives, personal development plans and clear role direction
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support services, to internal users and external customers and is the primary escalation within the team
- Vendor management and project roadmap planning with external Systems Integration Partner(s)
- Management of Systems Integration budget, including external spend and cost recovery initiatives
- Build and maintain partnerships within the business, and develops relationships with key external parties to understand requirements from Systems Integration technology
- Develop and drive Systems Integration roadmap, to achieve company strategy
- Supports integration projects throughout the development lifecycle, from discovery, through to implementation and operation, including liaison with the customer
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation within area of responsibility (e.g. accelerated time to market for new business systems integration)
- Ensures all interfaces and technical dependencies are documented and maintained to a high standard
- Contributes towards the technical execution of the company and IT strategy
- Supports the IT Director, as required
- Excellent knowledge of Integration methods, architecture, communication protocols and best practice (essential)
- Hands-on software development experience (essential)
- Systems Integration platform hands-on experience (IPaaS), such as Mulesoft, Dell Boomi or Jitterbit (essential)
- Familiar with message broker technologies, ideally Solace, or Jitterbit Message Broker (desirable)
- Business requirement analysis and problem-solving techniques (essential)
- IT management experience, and or previous experience working as a Systems
- Familiar with observability and log shipping platforms, ideally Elastic (desirable)
- Integration Analyst, Technical consultant, Engineer or Manager (essential)
- Knowledge of business processes within 3PL / Logistics domain (desirable)
- Ability to operate at a strategic level, as well as get into the detail as required (essential)
- Excellent project management skills (desirable)
- People management and leadership experience (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
- Ability to work to agreed timelines, and work under pressure (essential)
- The role is based from either our East Grinstead HQ or Northampton site, and may require you to travel to other company sites in line with business needs, and in-line with the company home-working policy