This business is redefining what industry-leading market research looks like; they have over eight decades of experience earning the trust of the world’s biggest companies and leading brands, and now they’re using this knowledge to transform from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology.
Indeed, taking on responsibility for the entire lifecycle for their data-driven products, they now process and harmonise the data of 15 million products of over 400,000 shopping outlets worldwide. That’s hundreds of terabytes of raw data per year, supported by high-end server technology, and providing customers with millions of raw reports and continuous online analytics.
They know this is only possible with extraordinary people doing extraordinary things. That’s why they’ve invested in the most cutting-edge technologies, and why they have worked hard to cultivate a team of digital engineers who build world-class research, powered by high technology.
They are focused on the future, and on delivering the insights that their clients around the globe need to make critical decisions both now and in the future.
You will be working to ensure that their industry-leading data-driven insights unit is able to truly deliver cutting-edge analytics products to their global clients, by enhancing best practices, addressing training, development and resource needs, and looking to continuously improve their ability to adopt the right software architecture. Leading a team of data, solution and technical architects, you will spearhead the architecture within this organisation in order to ensure they are able to deliver what their clients need.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Actively contributing to and channeling feedback and enhancements from the whole of MI engineering and Architecture community
- Actively participate in global architecture practices and community of practices to promote best practices, approaches and learnings across different organizations
- Software Architecture resource planning and forecasting
- Address training and development needs, based on training budget and demanded skills
- Continuously improve the ability of the MI to adopt right software architecture
- Work with engineering leaders to apply a broad perspective view to any new technology adoption proposals
- Understand the product and technology landscape; know which products are where in their life-cycle, their strategic importance, their architecture roadmap, etc.
- Inspire and motivate architects, guide everyone towards the technology / product vision and challenge them
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- 15 years + of solid Architecture and people management experience in larger organizations and distributed teams with solid background in Java and other open stack working as a Software Engineer, Sr. Engineer, Lead Engineer, Technical Architect roles across your career.
- Strong track record as head of architecture in medium to large side business vertical and working across multiple delivery teams and technical architects delivering effective technical strategy and architecture for a company or business verticals.
- Very hands on with the modern technology and architectural practices with expertise around REST, API design, API Strategy, Semantic richness of APIs & micro-services, Big Data and AI based software products.
- Prior experience in architecting and managing Cloud based (AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure ) multi-tenant SaaS solution processing large amounts of data with high scalability and high availability.
- Strong people management experience preferably mentoring architects and Sr. Engineers.
- Security aware at all stages of the development process. Comprehensive automated testing experience with continuous integration and Continuous delivery pipelines.
- Passionate about quality and readability of systems. Have proven track records around Thinking big, bias for action and insist on highest standards.
- Solution Architecture, System Design, knowledge of various architectural and design patterns and anti-patterns. You know the difference between good engineering and over engineering.
- Confirm architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability applications by developing analytical models; completing validation tests.
- Considered as a plus
- Architecting Data Science and Machine Learning platforms
- Containerization technologies such as Docker