Who is hiring?
Help shape the future of music…
This business is a global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans together through unique music and content experiences.
Their success is evident, with availability in over 50 countries, and over 60 million songs and over 200,000 high-quality videos being shared and streamed between artists and fans. But they don’t want to stop there. This organisation is committed to trying new things, and to grow their global reach as they continue to bring about a change.
Their drive isn’t surprising considering their founders are prominent figures in the music industry; this organisation has grown out of a commitment from artist owners that believe in creating a more sustainable model for the music industry.
They are truly trying to redefine what the industry looks like, and are intent on breaking and redefining how things are done as they go….
What will you be doing?
Already growing at an exceptional pace, this organisation is now looking for a talented Cloud Security Engineer to join their team in New York and help spearhead their progress.
You'll be part of a central team working in a fast-paced and quality-conscious environment, with a primary focus on managing, monitoring and scaling their global AWS infrastructure and CDN network. You will also help architect new services for performance and security, and recommend improvements to existing services.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone coming out of an advanced security focussed degree, a security focussed Systems Administrator or Security Engineer who would love to explore all the awesome features of cloud technology.
If you’re someone who wants to try something new, to join an environment where you’re encouraged to collaborate and push boundaries, and who wants to be part of a wider mission to redefine how an industry works, then this is the perfect role for you!
- Act as a Cloud Security focussed SME for their internal teams
- Support the development and monitoring of their Security Management processes and supporting tools ensuring we meet their regulatory obligations
- Monitor security industry trends, developments and emerging threats including sharing insight with wider team
- Lead the adoption of third-party security solutions across the organisation
- Implement a tools driven and highly automated approach to deliver their key security management processes by exploiting investment in existing tooling (e.g. Jenkins, Bitbucket) and / or identify new tooling
- Ensure the Cloud DevOps team has, or is actively developing, the skills required to successfully deliver managed service security solutions
- Good understanding of current and future best practices for IT security operations and ability to adapt this to support the delivery of cloud-based managed services at a global scale
- Awareness of cloud technologies from providers such as AWS including security capabilities/services and security configuration best practice
- Good understanding of security management solutions including IDS, IPS, SIEM, Vulnerability Scanning, Denial of Service and Continued Compliance
- A strong willingness to automate, script wherever possible. As such must be at ease with at least one high-level common programming language (Java, Python or Go).
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt style and language depending on the audience (e.g. technical and business stakeholders)